Custom Search

Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Lets Play Ball ==== Wiffle Ball

I recall sitting outside many summer days watching the boys who lived next door play wiffle ball. Yes, they were much older than me, about 10 years I think but they had so much fun playing that game with a plastic ball and bat. I, myself, played a little softball but we never really played at home just as part of the team. When I grew older and started my own family I wanted to bring back that joy for my own children that the boys next door had so I bought that same plastic ball and bat under the name wiffle to have a bit of fun.




The summer of 1953 in Fairfield Connecticut found the inventor of the wiffle ball observing a game between his son and a friend. The game they played used a perforated plastic golf ball and a broomstick handle. The two friends had tired of baseball as there were not enough players, enough space, and no room to play that was not near any broken windows.

The two had tried to accomplish sliders and curves using the golf ball but it was simply wearing their arms out. The wiffle ball had been inspired but now needed to be created. Using some plastic pieces that were ball shaped It was agreed that the ball with 8 oblong perforations was the best. Thus, the wiffle ball was invented.

The invented ball was easy to make curve and was harder to hit. The making of many strikeouts was present and in the old neighborhood that the family lived in they called a strike out a "wiff" The brand name had been born and known as "WIFFLE" The game of wiffleball became a favorite of many and now is well known around the U.S. and countries around the world.

true story found on wiffle.com



The Wiffle Ball Inc. was chosen to participate in a made in America Product Showcase at the White House. President Trump and Vice President Mike Pence as well as other members of the Administration and White House staff hosted a Made in America Product Showcase. The products were celebrated and highlighted each state




1 comment:

  1. I loved Wiffleball. I just feel awesome when I get wiffleball bat in my hand, I do even practice a lot as I have wiffle ball pitching machine at my home.

    https://thepickleballpaddle.com/best-wiffle-ball-bats/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post