Custom Search

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Celebrate The Wizard Of Oz ==== Do You Know These Movie Qoutes



The Wizard of Oz has traveled through several generations. Created in 1939 it has fans of all ages amongst the movie followers. I am simply wondering if you would be able to recognize the line that the character in the story said. Here are a few examples lets see what you really know about The Wizard of Oz

Why, if I had a brain I could...
[singing] I could while away the hours,
Conferrin' with the flowers,
Consultin' with the rain.
And my head I'd be scratchin'
While my thoughts were busy hatchin'
If I only had a brain.




]

singing] When a man's an empty kettle,
He should be on his mettle,
And yet I'm torn apart.
Just because I'm presumin'
That I could be kinda human
If I only had a heart.









There's no place like home; there's no place like home; there's no place like home...










Read what my medal says. Courage! Ain't it the truth, ain't it the truth!






In 1939 the American musical Wizard of Oz was introduced. Many consider it one of the greatest films in cinema history. The adaptation of L. Frank Baum's children's book in 1900 The Wonderful Wizard of Oz has become very successful and well known. Victor Fleming directs Judy Garland as Dorothy, and the cast of stars including Ray Bolger, Jack Haley, Bert Lahr, Frank Morgan, Ellie Burke and Margaret Hamilton among others.

The Movie was nominated for six Academy Awards including Best Picture. The song "Over the Rainbow"  by Herbert Stothart won best original song and best original score. It was one of  MGM's most expensive productions. The Library of Congress has listed The Wizard of Oz as the most seen film in movie history. In 1989 the movie was listed in the top 25 films inaugurated in the National Film Registry. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post