Custom Search

Saturday, June 16, 2018

Old Time Fiddle Music

Old time fiddle music is a genre of American folk music. The "Old time fiddle tunes" started out in European folk dance tunes. The waltz, two step and polka are all forms that would lend a hand in fiddle music. At times you may hear a banjo or other instrument but the fiddle is often heard alone as well. The early colonies in North America would grow with fiddle music as the land was being settled by those who came from England, France, Germany, Ireland and Scotland. This soothing music lends it hand to music such as bluegrass, country blues, western swing and country rock.

The early 1900s would see young fiddlers playing the new music, their own music in their style with influnces from blues, and ragtime.




Fiddle music tells many different stories the sound of it just brings that old time feeling. I grew up in a small town with neighbors that enjoyed playing the fiddle. It was something that sounded great, the music would tell stories but they would tell them as well. just listen to some fiddle music



shared at
amaze me monday

9 comments:

  1. I remember hearing fiddle music back when my grandparents still lived in New York. They listened to country music and had it on all the time. As I got a little older it captivated me on the hit show "Little House On The Prairie." Then there was The Devil Went Back To Georgia I believe with awesome notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually really enjoy fiddle music...it has such a richness. There use to be a great folk music band I use to listen to that really showcased fiddle music to its best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love the sound of the fiddle! This music is so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such great sounding music. There is nothing quite like it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like old music. I listen to it every now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome music! I love the sound of the fiddle. Reminds me of folk styles music

    ReplyDelete
  7. My husband is very fond of folk music of any region. I bet he knows about fiddle music n enjoys it.

    Shilpa Bindlish

    ReplyDelete
  8. Does today's American music still use this? I heard some of the fiddle songs before and it was so good. Hope someone revive that trend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I’ve never really heard folk music, but great post!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post