Custom Search

Sunday, November 12, 2017

The Princess Day of Birth



Grace Kelly was born in Philadelphia on the 12th November 1929 Grace's father John Brendan "Jack" Kelly was a Olympic gold medalist, self made millionaire. Grace's mother Margaret Katherine Majer coached women's athletic teams at University of Pennsylvania. She had 3 siblings.

Grace Kelly always had the love for acting. She would perform in school plays and community productions and also model with her mother and sister. With family that had all ready found success in acting the importance of acting was very much present. George Kelly, Grace's uncle, helped her to become a full time actress. She won an Oscar for best actress for her role in The Country Girl Grace worked along side some of the greats in Hollywood. She played a prominent role in High Noon and with Alfred Hitchcock in movies such as Rear Window, Dial M for Murder or To Catch a Thief.



Grace Kelly would continue to grow in the acting world known as Hollywood. She became one of the highest paid and most respected actresses in the world. In 1955 she would join the United States Delegation Committee at the Cannes Film Fest in France There she would meet Prince Rainier III of Monaco. The prince was in search of a bride and soon the two was a couple. The press had a field day glamorizing the courtship in a fairy tale sense. April 19 1956 Grace and the Prince would be married.



At this point in her career, Kelly was one of the highest paid and most respected actresses in the world. In 1955, she was asked to join the United States Delegation Committee at the Cannes Film Festival in France. During a photo shoot, she met Prince Rainier III of Monaco, who happened to be seeking a bride. If he didn't produce an heir, Monaco would become part of France. The prince once described his ideal bride: "I see her with long hair floating in the wind, the color of autumn leaves. Her eyes are blue or violet, with flecks of gold." The press glamorized their courtship, depicting it as a fairy-tale romance.Grace would abandon her world of acting and give up her American citizenship. 

The royal couple would have three children. Princess Caroline, Prince Albert and Princess Stephanie. Hollywood would continue to try to tempt Princess Grace to come back to acting. Grace took her role of ceremonial leader of Monaco and became very involved with organizations. 

September of 1982 tragedy would strike. Princess Grace was driving along th steep cliffs of southern France with her daughter when she would suffer a stroke and lose control of the car. The car would spin off the cliff's edge and plunge 45 feet down to an embankment. Grace and her daughter would be taken to hospital. At the age of 52 Grace Kelly would pass away. The young Princess Stephanie would survive. 
 There was a fascination of sorts about Grace Kelly Her life was liven in front of the public eye for most of her life. The on screen beauty and her poise and serenity as a princess drew the media's attention. 




18 comments:

  1. That was a very interesting read. Some of the information I already knew but some I did not. And like most Americans, I can be just as fascinated with tales about Hollywood and true princess stories. So thank you for sharing!

    Shelbee
    www.shelbeeontheedge.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heading over for a visit at your blog, I simply love history and what I love I have to share here on my piece of the www

      Delete
  2. I've always know about Grace Kelly but I didn't know how she had died. I'm obsessed with learning about the history behind celebrities and famous people of any kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love history as well, the lives of those that are in the spotlight become very interesting to us who want more

      Delete
  3. I am glad you share this, I was not aware. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a tragic ending :( Thank you for putting in the research and putting this together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always thought that Grace Kelly was really beautiful and it was great that she left Hollywood life to become a princess. I would do that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adore Grace Kelly! Such a timeless beauty! Loved reading a bit more about her life both in Hollywood and Monaco. Such a tragic end of her life.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow I never knew how she passed away! So tragic! She was such a classic beaut, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah it was so interesting to learn all about Grace Kelly!! My gosh, she was such a beauty and talent!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so agree with you, thanks for stopping by leaving a comment come back any time

      Delete
  9. Grace Kelly in my opinion was so gorgeous. I first found out about her when someone said I looked like her in my prom pictures way back when!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This was really interesting! I did not know much about Grace Kelly before reading this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really interesting. I didn't know much about Grace Kelly. Terrible that her life had to end tragically.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting...I didn't know anything about her but a sad ending!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was fun to read. A wonderful actress and beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an great story. I never knew about her til i read this. Too sad she for her ending life.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is an amazing story, I did not know much about her till reading this. She was such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post