- 1/2 cup thick and chunky salsa
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons LAND O LAKES® Butter, softened
- 6 ounces (1 1/2 cups) LAND O LAKES® Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce, if desired
- 3 tablespoons poppy seed
- 2 grape or cherry tomatoes
- 4 pretzel rods
- Assorted cut-up vegetables
Combine all cheese ball ingredients in large bowl; beat at medium speed until creamy. Cover; refrigerate 1 hour.
Reserve 2 tablespoons cheese mixture for legs. Shape 1/2 cup cheese mixture into ball for spider head. Shape remaining mixture into round spider body. Place poppy seed into large shallow dish. Roll cheese balls in poppy seed, pressing seeds onto balls to coat. Place onto large plate or platter to form spider. Attach cherry tomatoes for eyes with toothpicks. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
Just before serving, attach legs by breaking each pretzel rod in thirds. Insert 3 pieces into each side of body; use reserved cheese mixture to attach remaining pretzel piece to form bent legs.
Serve with assorted crackers and vegetables.
Recipe courtesy of Land O Lakes®. For nutrition facts, a “how-to” video for this recipe and more about Land O Lakes®, please visit their website