I love these pickled peppers yummy enough for all your winter pickled pepper needs but so cute I am thinking gift from the kitchen as well.
1 pound chili peppers, sliced
6 ounces carrots, sliced
2 cups apple cider vinegar
1/2 cup water
3 teaspoons pickling salt
1/2 teaspoon alum
3 tablespoons honey
pickling spices (we used caraway, garlic and fresh ginger)
6 tablespoons olive oil
6 8-ounce jars with lids
- Thoroughly wash your jars.
- Place about 1 tablespoon of the pickling spices in each hot, clean jar.
- Pack peppers into the jars, leaving ½” headspace.
- In a pot, combine vinegar, water, honey, alum and pickling salt. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer about 5 minutes.
- Pour pickling solution into jars over peppers leaving ½” headspace.
- Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the top. Remove air bubbles.
- Wipe top rims clean then close the jars tight with two-piece caps.
- Process for 10 minutes in boiling water bath.
- Let set for 12-24 hours. Check seals.
- Ready to eat in 3 to 4 weeks.
DIY by Design
plant based potluck