Custom Search

Wednesday, October 21, 2015

Don't Be Scared It's Just a Snack

 
this cheese ball reminds me of one of my favorite movies hell fighter. Oh yes, it is a bit grim and goory but it is for a spooky holiday Halloween. The cheese ball recipe is from Martha stewart.

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
3 packages cream cheese (8 ounces each)
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
5 dashes hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground white pepper

CHEDDAR AND CRANBERRY:

8 ounces sharp orange cheddar cheese, finely shredded
2 tablespoons store-bought chutney
3/4 cup dried cranberries, finely chopped
Water crackers, for serving

ROQUEFORT AND WALNUT:

6 ounces Roquefort cheese
1 shallot, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
2 teaspoons brandy (optional)
1 cup toasted walnuts, coarsely chopped
Vegetable chips (such as Terra Chips Sweets & Beets), for serving

GOAT CHEESE AND SCALLIONS:

8 ounces goat cheese
2 tablespoons finely chopped scallions
1/3 cup fresh curly-leaf parsley, finely chopped
1 English cucumber, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices, for serving
  1. Put butter, cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, salt, and pepper into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until combined. Divide equally among 3 medium bowls.
  2. Stir cheddar cheese and chutney with base mixture in the first bowl. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Roll cheese ball in cranberries  to coat before serving. Serve with crackers.
  3. Stir blue cheese and shallot with base mixture in second bowl; add brandy, if desired. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days; freeze up to 1 month. Roll in walnuts to coat before serving. Serve with chips.
  4. Stir goat cheese and scallions with base mixture in remaining bowl. Form into a ball. If not using immediately, refrigerate up to 3 days or freeze up to 1 month. Roll in parsley to coat before serving. Serve with cucumber slices.
recipe source here

shared at
wow us Wednesday
flaunt it Friday
foodie friday

34 comments:

  1. I love the Halloween twist on a cheese ball!! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, yes a haunting scene at that happy halloween

      Delete
  2. This is so creative! How on earth sis you make it so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stuff like this & finding halloween 'food' is hard & this is great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, not so much Halloween fun food out there. Thank you for your comment Happy Halloween

      Delete
  4. Yes it's a little gorey but it's halloween time so who cares! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you and I thank you for saying so Happy Halloween

      Delete
  5. Neat! Perfect for a Halloween party

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fun halloween snack. So excited for halloween although I don't have any decorations yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. been decorating for the big night our selves, love having fun and decorating with a spooky theme is super fun

      Delete
  7. I love cheese and this sounds absolutely delicious. I love this fun and gory Halloween snack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so know what you mean have a happy Halloween

      Delete
  8. NO WAY! That is seriously so cool!!! My family loves a good scare, even my 2 year old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then it is something you need to try I love family fun maybe you all could create a scary theme and have a bit of fun together

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. yep try your hand at creativity turn it up or tone it down make it yours and it will be fun

      Delete
  10. What a great idea for a Halloween party! I'd never guess it was edible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. surprise , surprise ooey gooey and scary but so much fun for all and then we can eat it as well

      Delete
  11. This is so gross, but so fun! My son would be totally freaked out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how old is your son, freaking out can be fun if old enough if not you can tame it back I am sure for a bit of fun for all

      Delete
  12. Oh my gosh! What a great job with the skull! Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Omg this is just too cool!!! I'm literally addicted to cheese... Seriously.... I so need this in my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and I thought it was only my grand-daughter that was addicted to cheese so glad that you liked what we shared thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment

      Delete
  14. ooooh thats gross and super scary love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we love those two themes in Halloween how do you decorate for Halloween? do you use themes or have a style of your own

      Delete
  15. CRAZY Cool...you did a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMGoodness…I'd feel so bad eating some of the skull and messing it up. This is one of the most creative things I've seen for edible Halloween food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You had me at cheddar, cranberry and goat cheese!!!! For one I am a huge cheese lover. Two, I love all fruits. I love the skull though, it'd make a great centerpiece for a Halloween bash.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post