Custom Search

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Soft Caramels

I can remember the holidays at my grandma H's. Each year my grandma, aunts, uncles and the rest would all come together to enjoy a delicious meal. Everyone brought something depending on how talented they were in the kitchen and how much time they had or in many cases how much $$ there was to go around. My aunts always surprised me when they brought in the sweets. There was one year that one of my aunts brought delicious soft caramels. Oh my how yummy. I will never forget everyone getting together, how delicious they were or those yummy caramels that mom and grandma would not let me continue to steal .(sorry I really was an angel as a kid or at least that's how I remember it)
 


2 cups sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 cup Butter
1 cup milk
1 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 cup light corn syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla
 
Butter 13x9-inch pan; set aside.
Combine all ingredients except vanilla in heavy 4-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 15-20 minutes or until butter is melted and mixture comes to a boil.
Continue cooking, 25-30 minutes or until candy thermometer reaches 244°F or small amount of mixture dropped into ice water forms a firm ball.
Remove from heat; stir in vanilla. Pour into prepared pan. Cool completely.
Cut into 1 1/2x1-inch pieces; wrap candies in plastic food wrap. Store refrigerated.

recipe source here

1 comment:

  1. These look yummy! My family mad soft caramels when I was a kid! Have a great week :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post