Custom Search

Monday, January 5, 2015

Snowflake Math --- Learn to Count


Winter is here I am sure that we are all aware of that. It is in this time period where we normally start to see snow. So bringing together the weather and learning skills in this little project come normally.
Super cute craft and math idea to help teach numbers to young children or reinforce the skill is found in these cute little snow flakes. I was able to find snowflake cutouts in the dollar tree and wal-mart store before. If you can not find them it is simple to cut a snowflake shape out of poster board or foam. The learning part is found when you write the number in the middle of the little snowflakes and offer the child pompoms to glue on to the snowflake. This allows them to count and see the written number as well. I have found that my grand-daughter princess learned to count fairly easily but it was matching that number up to the written form of the number that took more work. Have fun and let the learning begin.

resource here


shared at
inspiration monday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post