- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place butter and sugar in a medium bowl; beat with a wooden spoon until combined.
- Beat in egg yolk, vanilla, baking powder, and salt.
- Add flour, and mix until a dough forms.
- Scoop out level teaspoons of dough, and roll into balls (chill dough briefly if it becomes too soft to handle). Place balls on baking sheets, 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating sheets halfway through, until edges are firm and cookies are dry to the touch (do not let cookies color), 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven; gently press a jelly bean into center of each cookie (surface of cookies may crack slightly). Cool on sheets 1 minute; transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Notes: I used my hands during the final mix, otherwise they seemed to not stick well. Also, press the jelly bean in lightly, the cookies tend to crack. I used and leveled off a teaspoon to get 35 cookies, otherwise if you make normal size cookies you will probably get about 12 -18 cookies in the batch.
Tuesdays with a twist
Good Tip Tuesday
Share Your Stuff Tuesday