Custom Search

Friday, April 12, 2013

National Grilled Cheese Day

 
Today is the day to celebrate grilled cheese. I love them the so good toasted bread and melted cheese. Ask me I say burn it just a bit will taste even better. No matter how you like your grilled cheese and there are several different ways as demonstrated by this post at food network
 
 
one of my personal favorites is this recipe for extra cheesy sandwiches
 
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
8 Italian bread slices
4 (3/4-oz.) provolone cheese slices
4 (3/4-oz.) mozzarella cheese slices

Stir together butter and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Spread 1 1/2 tsp. butter mixture on 1 side of each bread slice. Place 4 bread slices, buttered sides down, on wax paper. Top with provolone and mozzarella cheeses; top with remaining bread slices, buttered sides up. Cook sandwiches, in batches, on a hot griddle or in a nonstick skillet over medium heat, gently pressing with a spatula, 4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and cheese is melted

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post