Custom Search

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Book Review Mary's Son



Title: Mary's Son: A Tale of Christmas
Author: Darryl Nyznyk
Format: Hard cover

I love literature with a bit of flair that takes situations in real life and creates a reading memory. The book Mary’s Son: A Tale of Christmas tells the story of an angry young man named Jared, a lonely young girl Sarah and a man named Nicholas. Jared is a boy from the wrong side of the tracks, life has sent him for a spin and in return he has decided to prey upon the rich that live up on the hill. Sarah, is a young girl that lives in the mansion on the hill that Jared is targeting. Jared plans to strike out on a robbery attempt at this house. Both Sarah and Jared will find their lives change when they are taken back in time by a man named Nicholas. Not only back in time but back to the first Christmas. 
This book takes a story and teaches a lesson at the same time. The book has won the  three Mom’s Choice Awards!   

My Opinion:
a great read, I shared it with my youngest daughter who also loved it. I thought it shared a classical story that often taught lessons. Many kids find it hard in life and I thought it was rather cool that the book shared a story in a manner that todays teen could see for their self that their situation could be a bit different. 

1 comment:

  1. I love a good read! Always interested in hearing some reviews. Hope your week is going well and I appreciate your visit to my blog. Have a terrific week!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post