Custom Search

Friday, March 23, 2012

Spring "No Snow" Globe




Clean jar with lid
Fabric flowers
Small plastic figures
Hot glue gun
Floral wire (optional)
Glitter and confetti
Teflon tape, also called plumber's tape, found in hardware stores
Scissors
Green paper
  1. Turn the lid upside down. Loosely arrange the flowers and figures on it, periodically placing the jar over the items to check for fit.
  2. Use the hot glue gun to adhere the flowers and figures to the lid. To attach the butterfly in our globe, we first hot-glued the figure to one end of a piece of floral wire, then hot-glued the wire's other end to the lid.
  3. Fill the jar with water to within a half inch from the top and add the glitter and confetti.
  4. Dry the rim of the jar and wrap one layer of Teflon tape around the threads to ensure a leak-proof seal. Immerse the decorations in the jar and tighten the lid.
  5. Cut and fringe the green paper to make a decorative base and glue it around the lid.

craft source family fun



    The Shabby Nest

    2 comments:

    1. This is such a neat Idea. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting on my wreath. I'm following you now and I hope you you can make it back on Sunday for my Sunday Link Party! @ http://www.arosiesweethome.com/ and follow me too if you like.
      Rsoe

      ReplyDelete

    I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post