Custom Search

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Veggie Casserole


*1 - 18-ounce package premade polenta, cut up in 1/4-1/2 inch thick slices

*1 - 15.25 ounce cans chili with beans (I use Smart Chili that is vegetarian with veggie ground round in it for some texture. It comes in 10 ounce pouches; I use two to three pouches)

*1 - 15.25 ounce can corn, rinsed

* 1/2 cup low fat cheese, soy or rice cheese, shredded

Spray the bottom of the baking dish with the vegetable oil. This dish is all about layering, so to start with one layer of polenta on the bottom of the pan. Then cover that layer with chili Cover the chili with corn (I actually use only about 1/2 a can. I throw the other half in a salad or save it for another recipe).  Place one more layer of polenta over the corn Then a second layer of chili Lastly sprinkle the top with cheese. Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. I often bake it for 10 minutes first, then add the cheese and bake it for 10 more minutes so the cheese doesn't get dried out.

recipe source: Health Line

Tip Junkie handmade projects



1 comment:

  1. This looks like it would taste really good. I also love how simple it is. It's going to be one of my must-try recipes.

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post