Custom Search

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Cool Malted Treat

This recipe was one that I found while hopping around the internet. I found it here and you can check this cool treat perfect for summer heat out as well.




Easy Malted Ice Cream




Start to finish: 8 hours (15 minutes active)



300 ml (1 1/4 cups) sugar, divided



9 egg yolks



1 l (4 cups) heavy cream



175 ml (3/4 cup) malted milk powder



Pinch of salt



15 ml (1 tbsp) vanilla extract



In a large bowl, whisk half of the sugar with egg yolks. Set aside.



In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine cream, malted milk powder, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a simmer.



Once cream mixture is hot, while whisking eggs pour cream slowly into bowl of eggs. Stir in vanilla. Refrigerate mixture until completely chilled, about 4 hours.



When mixture is completely chilled, beat with an electric mixer until thick, 8 to 10 minutes. Transfer to a freezer-safe, airtight container and freeze until firm, at least 4 hours. Enjoy within 3 days.



Makes 2 l (8 cups).





Tip Junkie handmade projectsTasty Tuesday

2 comments:

  1. Oh yum! I love malted milk balls. I tagged this recipe to try this summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man does that look tasty. : ) I beg to differ though on the stated 21 servings. LOL I would say 10. My 16 year old loves malts...he would really enjoy this. : )

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post