Custom Search

Friday, December 11, 2009

Happy Hanukkah


Happy Hanukkah to all those that are of the faith to celebrate. My family is Christian by Faith but I always taught them about Hanukkah because my parents did not. I believe that if I can inform my children about the world and what is in it then maybe when they grow up not everything will be such a puzzle. After all there are too many things a young adult must face on their own. Using that philosophy today I want to say Happy Hanukkah.


As Jewish children light the menorah, spin their dreidels and get their presents, adults will celebrate the holiday as well. Hanukkah is a celebration that is rich in politics, history and life. Hanukkah is also commonly known as the festival of lights and spans 8 days period of time. Each night of this special holiday a candle of the menorah is lit and a present is presented to the child. Hanukkah is rich in history and if you find the time I recommend taking the time to read a bit of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post