Custom Search

Monday, August 3, 2009

Gathering at the well


The subject of wife and mother is one that I have taken seriously when I was just a little girl. My mother suffered from great depression and was not always able to be there with us children or her husband. It was then as I helped care for my siblings that I realized how important the job of a mother is to her children like wise wife to her husband.


There are a few questions that were suggested to think about and post accordingly these questions included


  • Has your heart found it’s way home?

  • Do you have a story you could share about how you have found complete fulfillment in your biblical purpose?

  • How would you encourage other women in their scriptural calling as outlined in Titus 2?

My heart has found its way home. I believe that my heart desires to care for all those in my life. I want to share all I know with the new generations as well and my heart swells as I hear about all they do with their young families. I do love my children so very much.


My biblical function is to raise my children up and care for my husband. I believe that the power of prayer comes into play through this role. Praying for my husband daily and the problems he must face as he cares for us is something that I care about deeply. If I can make my husbands life easier then that is what I will do. Caring for my children in a like manner yet different is what I strive for as well. I not only want to meet my children needs but also allow them to grow and meet their own needs. As my children grow older it is great to watch as the reins of motherhood they take with grace teaching their children in the same manner as I taught them.


For more head over to the blog At The Well

2 comments:

  1. So glad you stopped by my blog today...nice to meet you! I enjoyed looking through your daybook...and that favorite photo! Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you about prayer! It is so important!

    Thanks for sharing!

    -Ashley

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post