Custom Search

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Peach Pretzel Salad That's Not Really a Salad but there is a recipe

You will find it on supermarket shelves nearly everywhere, in a rainbow of colors and flavors. Jello has been around since 1897. Pearle Wait of Leroy, New York trademarked Jell-O, It would not be Wait but Francis Woodward who would make Jell-O a household name. Today, whether molded, layered, or mixed with fruit or veggies Jell-O makes a wonderful dessert or salad that will neither break the budget or diet.

The recipe I share with you for this Jell-O post is a pretzel salad. Have you been lucky enough to find out what a pretzel salad is?? You may have tasted the strawberry pretzel salad and another semi popular one is the strawberry = banana pretzel salad. 



The pretzel salad desserts were popular during what I refer to the potluck - casserole era of the 1960 and 70's. The truth is it is not a salad at all. It is a dessert that does have pretzels in it. This yummy dessert has a buttery pretzel crust that is topped with a thick layer of cream cheese and jello that has is then topped with the fruit of choice. 





recipe source here
shared at just desserts party
saturday sparks 7/28
share your creativity 8/12

retweet this post here

find this post linked to facebook here

shared this post on facebook group
blog big 8/3 first blog comment 

9 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard anyone mention pretzel salad in ages. It sounds like a great way to mix flavors and textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My comment was submitted before I finished. My grandma has a recipe like this and it's always a winner !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’d eat all of that! I remember having this years ago at my grandparents. I’m so glad to have been reunited

    ReplyDelete
  5. The word 'salad' is in the name, so I'm counting it as my salad for the day. This looks amazing and I can't wait to serve it to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love a good pretzel crust. I think sweet and salty are always a good combo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These desserts look so decadent and rich. I love that they are not your typical dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this recipe! I can just imagine the look on my family's faces when I tell them we're having salad for dessert. Haha. This is a great recipe find today. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Omg can we say yum?!?! A perfect recipe for a bbq! I will have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post