Custom Search

Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hodge Podge Wednesday

1. The last place you visited/patronized where you felt like you were given 'the royal treatment'?



A local restaurant in E-Town Illinois where some of the best catfish can be found. The unique thing is that the entire restaurant is built on water. We visited following my father-in-laws funeral. There were around 30+ in the group and we all were treated well.

2. The last task you completed that was a 'royal pain'?



cleaning out his parents house, not only  taxing on emotion but also a big job.

3. How have your strengths helped you succeed? How have your faults hindered you?

One of my strengths is staying optimistic and organized. This can also be my fault as well. When things go right they are peaceful but I get so aggravated when something is not right

4. If you found a remote that could rewind, fast forward, stop and start time, what would you do with it?

First things first, lets start by going back to the early days when I could see many that have passed on. I have missed many for many years. Would be glad to go back to the easier days. To bad there is not a button to slow down time as this is what I want to do most often. I might be tempted to go fast forward but for the most part I do not know if I want to see the future or not. The future is what we make it and there fore , is it truly something  we can travel to.

5. Any special plans for the Memorial Day weekend? Will you in some way honor or recognize the meaning of this day (remembering people who died in service to their country)? Have you ever been to Arlington National Cemetery? Does your town do anything special to mark the day?

We will take time out to visit the graves of many loved ones including our father in law that served 15+ years in the army. I have never been to Arlington but have been there to welcome back soldiers who have visited to Arlington and returned to our local airport after the "honor flight" . Our town will mark the day with a ceremony at the cemetery here in town. Neither me or my husband have loved ones buried here so we will not be attending.

6.  Insert your own random thought here.

This is a very somber Memorial day, having just lost 2 close loved ones with another sick and just diagnosed with cancer. We will come together as a family to share memories and have a good time

what would your answers be?? Join in the fun here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post