Custom Search

Sunday, April 15, 2018

Prosciutto Wrapped Asparagus



  • 1 pound asparagus, preferably thick spears
  • 3 to 3 1/2 ounces sliced prosciutto
  • 1 to 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • Ground black pepper
  • Lemon zest, optional
  • Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, optional


1 Heat the oven to 400F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.



2 Prepare the asparagus: Rinse and pat dry the asparagus. Snap off the tough ends of the asparagus. Set asparagus spears aside. (Reserve the snapped ends for another meal, if you like.)



3 Wrap the asparagus with prosciutto: Cut prosciutto slices in half down their length. Wrap each spear of asparagus with one strip of sliced prosciutto. Tug the prosciutto a little as you wrap it around the asparagus to give it tension. This helps to ensure that the prosciutto wraps around the asparagus tightly.

Lay the wrapped asparagus spears on the lined sheet pan.

4 Drizzle the asparagus with 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle a pinch of black pepper on top.

5 Bake the asparagus for 8 to 10 minutes. When done, the asparagus will be bright green and easily pierced with a fork, and the prosciutto will be crisped around the edges.

6 Serve the asparagus. Transfer the asparagus to a serving platter. Top with lemon zest and freshly grated parmesan cheese, if using. Serve immediately while hot.

this recipe post shared at
creative monday 
tuesdays at our home
this is how we roll 

13 comments:

  1. I love asparagus, and this recipe looks like it would be delicious! I think I will try this recipe out next time I am making dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried asparagus, but thinking of it now. Looks yumm.. would love to try this once.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love asparagus so this recipe is right up my alley. If I squint, the prosciutto looks like bacon so this is a no brainer for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks good. Am down for wrapping any or all my veggies in meat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love asparagus. This is looks very yummy. I will try this recipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love asparagus! They are just so good and perfect for summer! I also loooove prosciutto so this looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the look of this! So simple to make too; my kind of side dish for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't eat proscuitto but I am sure my family would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great recipe, the addition of lemon zest and parmesan makes it extra special.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Prosciutto and asparagus are two of my favorite foods, but I haven't ever made this before. It looks absolutely delish! I'm excited to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love asparagus and I must try this one of these days. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks and sounds so delicious. I think this is a perfect warm weather dish!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I don't eat meat anymore but I love asparagus!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post