Custom Search

Saturday, January 20, 2018

Week of Prayer 2018

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance.
James 1:2-3




 My grandmother used to always tell me that when life gives you lemons make lemonade. I know this sounds quite common but the truth is she lived her life like that. My grandmother was on her deathbed but held out to find out that all of her children and grand-children were contacted. Yes, that is right she continued to ask until we finally had to tell her that they all had been contacted and we would make sure all were o.k. 

Perseverance that James speaks of is something that is hard to have but a trait that many good men do have. Many accomplishments have happened in life because of perseverance. Take a look at Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King. Luck only exist when perseverance has continued long enough that a "magical moment" is predictable. When nothing seems to be going right hang in there just a bit longer persevere God's love will prove true and others will see this through you.  




Tonight I am thankful for the love that our God allows us. For his son that through unchangeable, unshakable love suffered, bled and died on that cross. I pray that through me, my friends may see a person who loves Christ and trust that all our needs will be met. It is through his provision that all around has happened, the friends in our lives, the job we work, the love of our family and simply everything. I ask the Holy Spirit to stay by my side as tough times occur. That I am able to stand up when battles come so that I can prove that my life is an open book. I pray that I am allowed the courage to trust and endure so that others can see my life as it should be. 

shared this inspirational post at
Grace and Truth
Saturday Sparks



















;

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post