Custom Search

Saturday, November 19, 2016

Crockpot Mashed Potatoes

As many of you know I work outside of the house. I am a nurse that takes care of adults with behavioral disorders. So like everyone else they live, breathe and need to enjoy Thanksgiving as well. So during the daytime I will visit with, care for and spend Thanksgiving day with all those that I care for.In the afternoon I will spend time with my family and spend Thanksgiving supper with them. 

The only problem this has caused before is not having time to cook dinner or having to have a great plan to prepare a supper for the entire family and celebrate Thanksgiving. This year I am happy to say that my oldest daughter will be playing hostess at her house. This year she will be able to do the duties of serving the family. I am still responsible for part of the dinner though including the turkey, potatoes, gravy and a few other dishes. In order to have the potatoes ready to serve at eating time and work that day as well. I will be cooking the potatoes in the crockpot. 



4 lb russet potatoes cut in cubes
4 c chicken stock
1/2 tsp. kosher salt, plus more for seasoning
1 c. sour cream
1/3 c. sliced fresh chives, plus more for garnish
1/2 c. warm milk
  • Freshly ground black pepper
Cook potatoes, chicken stock and salt in a covered 4- to 5-quart slow cooker until potatoes are tender, on high for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on low for 4 to 5 hours.
Drain and return potatoes to slow cooker. Add sour cream and mash to desired consistency. Fold in chives and warm milk (add more milk to loosen if desired). Season with salt and pepper. Serve warm, topped with chives.

recipe source here

2 comments:

  1. This sounds great! Thanks Angie. Have a wonderful Thanksgiving. laura

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post