Harvest season will soon be here and with it comes the season of discomfort. Whether it is illness, allergies, ailments, cold, flu or simply the cold weather blues there are a few things that can help out.
Nature offers us many remedies that can be helpful. Traditional healing allows healing to be natural from the comfort of home.
There are a few things to help build up your winter medicine cabinet you can do now.
- herbal teas help warm the body and give you a comfortable feeling. They work great, quick and easy.
- essential oils such as lemon, cinnamon, eucalyptus, clove,oregano, thyme, peppermint, rosemary and ginger. These all make a nice winter supply.
- homeopathic remedies helps by allowing the body to heal itself. Keep on hand medications for flu, cold relief, cold and cough 4 kids, and sore throat medications.
- Detox baths are a great way to allow the body to relax during an illness. They allow the body to go into a deep state of relaxation.
- Elderberries help ward off and cure all sorts of viruses, cold and flu virus. They should be included in every winter medical kit. Elderberry syrup is something that you should keep on hand
- Osha root, peppermint and oregano are just a few herbs that when smoked work to support lung health help soothe inflamed respiratory tract.
- Organic, Raw honey is a natural sweeter but even more. Honey that has not been pasteurized or filtered can be useful for medicinal, antibiotic purposes. Helps soothe sore throats and ease cough
- Garlic has healing power that is unsurpassed and has been used through history as antibiotic. Garlic is the most potented when chewed or crushed raw.
I advise you do your own research prior to using any natural remedy. What works for some may not work for all.