Make it from scratch or use a cake mix this delicious dessert will be awesome to serve to family and friends.
Single-serving Black Forest CakeYou’ll need
- Glasses or verrines
- Fresh cherries cut in two + whole for garnish
- One recipe of your favorite chocolate cake or a box cake.
- Whipped cream (with vanilla sugar if you want to)
- Grated chocolate for garnishPer glass (of course it depends on the size of your glass!) mine were a little more than 1 cup
- 2 tiny cakes (cut with a cookie cutter)
- About 6 to 8 half cherries or to taste!
- 1 whole cherry
- About 1/3 cup whipped cream
- Grated chocolate to tastePrepare your favorite chocolate cake. Once again I used Sing for your Supper’s perfect chocolate cupcakes recipe. Bake it so that it will be quite flat (you can use a cookie sheet for example), about 1 inch. Reduce the baking time if you use this technique. When it’s ready and cool, use a round cookie cutter (the size that can enter your glass) and cut 2 round cakes per glass.Cut the cherries in two, remove the pit.Prepare your whipped cream. Add some sugar to taste (optional).Assembly
- Put a cake at the base of the glass.
- Add the cherries.
- Add some whipped cream.
- Add another cake on top.
- Using a piping bag with the tip of your choice, pipe a whipped cream swirl on top.
- Garnish with grated chocolate and a fresh cherry.(How’s that for a quick assembly explanation;) )