Custom Search

Monday, December 21, 2015

Family Christmas Day 21

 
 
 
As Mary and Joseph traveled to Bethlehem I can imagine the journey was quite long. Mary was expecting child and was like most pregnant ladies a bit more tired than usual. The extra luggage that Mary carried in the form of a baby inside of her belly was most something she loved and looked forward to but most likely slowed her down. I am sure that the road that they traveled at times seemed to be never ending. Whether their was a donkey present or not is something that has been debated. but I sort of hope that there was a donkey and it helped the pair on their journey.
 
Tonight, the shortest night of the year, take a load off and sit down and rest for a bit. For while the light of the world may be dark the light inside of hearts is very much a glow. Take a time to sit down and have dinner with the family by candlelight.
 
 
With the winter solstice being the shortest day of the year you may want to enjoy dinner by candlelight. It does not have to be a fancy dinner to eat by candlelight. Many years ago families ate by candlelight daily. Tonight take some time relax, have some good conversation and enjoy dinner by the flicker of candlelight

29 comments:

  1. Actually, the kids and I are planning on making cookies for santa tonite. We are all excited!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting back, relaxing, watching a movie and cooking a pizza :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. son cooked for us and we ate in the dim of the candle pizza and movie sounds very relaxing as well

      Delete
  3. I am not slaving in any kitchen...anything that is there that is what I will be having

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner by candle light sounds fun to me. My boys would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of dinner by candlelight what a cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Candle light dinner sounds fun and romantic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i had my favorite christmas candle when i ate dinner tonight

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is very romantic. Dinner in candle light this Christmas is a sure fun and nice experience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all of these relaxing ideas! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. there are many ways we can celebrate christmas, for me as long as i'm with my family whether its grand or simple, i'm so fine with it

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a lovely reminder to keep going and to never lose hope. If Mary had enough faith in her that everything will be better, then so should we. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes you are so right the problem is our world sometimes gets in the way and our faith may need a reboot of just sitting back being quiet and knowing what we al ready know

      Delete
  13. We enjoyed a family game night last night with some wine by the light of the Christmas tree!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I went to bed early as my eyes were in great pain, recovering from surgery. However, I was very grateful that I have a comfortable bed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you mend soon ad feel better before christmas

      Delete
  15. Awwwww so cute!!!!!! Hubby and I just happened to watch Christmas movies tonight with my favorite candle burning after the 3 year old passed out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Any time that's family time is amazing this time of the year. :) We'll be doing family time tonight.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post