Wednesday, September 9, 2015
1. last thing you did on spur of moment??
a trip with grandkids with just me and papa. Lots of fun was had by all. We need to do this again but it can not be planned. It was nice because it was something my husband did and no one not even me knew we were going
2. How well informed do you feel about the current Syrian refugee crisis?
I apologize for not knowing more about this. I used to be on the top of all issues and be in discussion mode but this time do not feel all that up to date about it
3. What have you changed your mind about??
there are so many things but since today is my birthday I must say that I have changed my mind about people being over the age of 40 being over the hill. I am proud 45 today and a go getter. I may be a bit slower but the job still gets done and because I am older I know more shortcuts and information that other younger than me may not know. When I was a kid I always thought 40 was so old
4. A medium sized non-poisonous snake found it's way into the pool trap this weekend. If you'd been sitting poolside would you have fished it out? Gone running? Called for help? Pretended not to know? Continued swimming?
because of where we live here in southern Illinois and near the edge of town snakes are fairly common here. I would call my husband, my brother, or someone that I trusted to come and get it. I do not go near them will not stay in area near them. Snakes are not a friend of mine
5. September 10th is National TV Dinner Day...what's your idea of a great TV dinner? (Or at least a pretty good one!)
I eat T.V. dinners at work on regular basis. My favorites are chicken or pasta related dishes. I have had many of them but those are my favorites
6. Samuel Johnson is quoted as saying, "Courage is reckoned the greatest of all virtues; because, unless a man has that virtue, he has no security for preserving any other." Would you agree? Where have you seen that played out recently? What's the second greatest virtue?
Courage, wow so much of it needed in this day and time. Courage to take a stand and I have been doing that quite lately in my personal and job related life. Courage to sit still and have others make mistakes I am learning to do that as my children mature into the parents of tomorrows and the grand adults that will run our future one day.
I often tell those I care for the great virtue is patience. It is not always easy to sit and be patient in any atmosphere of life. We know what we want and we want it now.
7. What are three words you have trouble remembering how to spell?
tomorrow is the one word that comes to mind. It is a great world when we have spell check. Medieval is a word that I do not use all the time but never can remember how to spell. There are other words but that is the top that I can think of right now. My problem is that I have trouble remembering which is another word that I often misspell.