Custom Search

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Grilling Recipe: Banana Boats

When I was a young girl I was involved in many activities ranging from sports to scouts. I loved to be active and involved and I still do. One of my favorite things to do was to cook and bake. In 4H I took food related and often got blue ribbons for my hard work. In scouts I also loved to be involved when ever food was being prepared. One food that I learned how to cook was banana boats. Now when I first heard this when I was a kid I was thinking about those banana splits down at the local dairy bar that were served in boat shape dishes. However I soon learned that banana boats were a grilled treasure that was delicious. Now every summer we make these banana boats for the family at least a couple times a summer. Yummy!!!! They are easy to make simply:
 
Peal a piece of the skin back and scoop out some of the banana.
Fill the banana up with semisweet chocolate chips and miniature marshmallows. Put the skin back in place and wrap well in heavy foil.
Put on a bed of coals for 5 to 10 minutes.
Unwrap and remove skin flap.
Enjoy!!!

2 comments:

  1. This looks yummy, we grilled dinner last night on the fire pit. Love cooking outside. Skipped dessert, this would have been a good treat at the end of our meal. So easy too!

    Carole @ Garden Up Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never thought of grilling a banana before! That looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post