happy national praline day!!!! National praline day happens on the 24th of June each year.
Are you aware that there are a few different types of praline? Well there is.
Praline cookies are chocolate cookies that contain ground nuts. Belgian pralines are some of the most luxurious candy. Belgian chocolate shell with a softer, may be liquid, filling made up of hazelnut, almonds, sugar, syrup and milk based pastes,
Pecan Praline Candy Recipe
1 1/4 cup chopped pecans
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup evaporated milk
2 tbsp salted butter
3/4 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a pot, combine the milk, brown sugar, and granulated sugar. Stir, and bring to a boil( over medium high).
- Let boil for 1 minutes then add in the pecans, and butter. Stir in. Let the candy reach 240 F degrees ( use a candy thermometer )
- Remove the pot from the heat, and add in the vanilla.
- Stir the ingredients, and let cool for 3 minutes.
- Stir the mixture, until it starts to thicken.
- Grease/ Butter a cookie sheet.
- Spoon out the mixture onto the cookie sheet, and let the candy cool and firm.