Custom Search

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Good Old Southern Cookng Slow Cooked Green Beans

Good old southern cooking. One of my dear friends prepared this feast and oh my did we enjoy. While I am not sure of here exact recipes let me tell you that they were all delicious. One of my favorite parts was the green beans. You may want to make up some of your own . Here is an awesome recipe that you can easily make yourself

Green Beans Slow Cooked with Bacon and Onions (Food Network recipe)2 Tb extra virgin olive oil
4-6 slices bacon, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
3 lbs fresh green beans
2 qts chicken stock or water (this might be too much--adjust according to your pot)
kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

Heat a heavy bottomed pot over medium high heat. Add olive oil and bacon and cook till browned. Add onion and cook until the onion is soft, about 5-10 minutes. Stir in the green beans and chicken stock; season with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook green beans until they are soft but not mushy, about 30-45 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning.

shared at
live laugh rowe

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I really enjoyed my brief visit on your site and I’ll be sure to be back for more.
    Can I contact your through your email?

    Please email me back.

    Thanks!
    Kevin
    kevincollins1012 gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post