- Pkg of Yogurt Pretzels
- White Chocolate Chips (I used about 1/2 a bag, or 1 cup)
- Green Frosting (I made my own, using a great recipe from Allrecipes.com found HERE)
- Green Sprinkles
Place about 1/2 cup of white chocolate chips in a glass dish, and microwave for 30 seconds at about 50% power. Stir. Do this two or three times, until you are able to completely melt the chips. DO NOT OVER HEAT!
You should be able to stir the chocolate smooth and free of lumps.
2) Line a surface or baking sheet with wax paper.
3) Dip the bottom half of a pretzel in the melted chocolate, making sure each side is nicely coated. Place the pretzel onto your wax paper.
4) Repeat Step 3 with the second and third pretzels, laying each to form the shape of a shamrock.
5) If you have broken pretzels, you can use them for the stem of your shamrock. If not, you can carefully cut pretzels like we did below.
And we thought we'd try to to make some four-leaf clovers while we were at it... of course, right?
7) Time to mix up some frosting! I used a great Sugar Cookie Icing recipe from Allrecipes.com, found HERE. I like this frosting because it sets hard, and is easy to whip up. I doubled the recipe, and found that I had twice as much frosting as I needed. So if you use one package of yogurt pretzels, you can expect to follow the recipe as it is written.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp milk
- 2 tsp light corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (or vanilla)
- we added green food color
I added it to a piping bag with a small tip, but you could just as easily use a Ziploc bag and cut a small tip off of the corner.
8) Outline your shamrocks with the icing. Add your sprinkles soon after, before the frosting begins to set!
found on family fun