HOLIDAY LEFTOVER SHEPHERD’S PIE
Use your leftover meat (turkey, chicken, duck, roast beef, pot roast, roast lamb or pork) and vegetables (mashed, roasted, steamed) in this delicious pie. I used roasted cauliflower to make the mash for the topping but you could use mashed potatoes or sweet potatoes or a mixture of vegetables.
– 4 cups leftover turkey, roast beef or other poultry or meat, finely chopped
– 1 cup leftover gravy*
– 1½ cups diced roasted carrots, squash or parsnips
– 1 cup frozen peas or edamame
– 2½ cups mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, cauliflower or combination of the above**
– 1 tbsp melted butter
– ½ tsp paprika
1. Combine turkey with gravy and pat into the bottom of a buttered 8- or 9-inch square casserole dish.
2. Sprinkle carrots on top. Place peas in a strainer and pour boiling water over the top to defrost them. Pat dry. Add to carrots.
3. Season mashed vegetables and spread over the top. Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with paprika.
4. Bake in a preheated 400F oven for 30 minutes until heated thoroughly and lightly browned.
* If you do not have leftover gravy cook 2 tbsp butter with 3 tbsp flour for a few minutes in a small saucepan. Whisk in one cup chicken stock and bring to a boil. Cook a few minutes until thick. Season with salt, pepper and 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage.
** If you do not have leftover mashed potatoes, mash 4 cups roasted or cooked vegetables to get 2½ cups mash. Makes 6 servings
recipe source here
shared at one or more of these parties
Anything Goes (3a)- Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Best of the Weekend (p.m.)- Cooking With Curls, A Little Claireification, Little Miss Celebration, The Mandatory Mooch
Can I Get A Whoop Whoop? (Fa) Confessions of a Fabric Addict
Craft Frenzy Friday (Th7)- Craft Dictator
Eat. Create. Party! (Th7p)- Endlessly Inspired, I Want Crazy, A Dash of Sanity, Living Better Together
Fabric Frenzy Friday (F)- Fort Worth Fabric Studio
Fabulous Friday- Simple Nature Decor
Feature Friday Link Palooza (Th pm)- Blissful and Domestic
Five Friday Finds- Morsels of Life
Weekend Bites (Th7:30)- Simple Living and Eating and Home Maid Simple
Foodie Friends Friday (Th8)- Foodie Friends Friday, Walking on Sunshine, From Calculus to Cupcakes, Cindy’s Recipes and Writings, Busy Vegetarian Mom, This and That, Winelady Cooks, In the Kitchen with Jenny, The Chef Next Door, Robyn’s View
Freedom Fridays with All My Bloggy Friends (TR 7:30)- My Turn for Us, Love Bakes Good Cakes
Friday Favorites (Th7pm)- The Diary of a Real Housewife
*Friday Features (Th7)- Oh My Heartsie Girl
Friday Link Party (Th8)- The Pin Junkie
From the Farm (7aF)- The Homestead Lady, The Homesteading Hippy, My Healthy Green Family, Spring Mountain Living
Inspiration Spotlight Party (F5a)- Dear Creatives
Inspire Me Please (Th after8)- Love of Family and Home, House of Rose, Liz Marie Blog, Blissfully After
Let's Get Real Friday (Th5p)- Our Little Family Adventure, Juggling Real Food and Real Life, 365 (ish) Days of Pinterest, Calm, Healthy, Sexy, A Dish of Daily Life
Life of the Party (Th7)- The Grant Life
Link Party Palooza (F6p or earlier)- Tater Tots and Jello, Lil Luna, I Heart Nap Time, Somewhat Simple, Today's Creative Blog
Pin Me (8a)- Diana Rambles
Pinworthy Projects (7a)- Domestic Superhero, Just Us Four, Atkinson Drive
Post Comment Love (1:30a)- Verily, Victoria Vocalises
Pretty Pintastic (2:01 a.m.F)- Coffee With Us 3, Gloriously Made, An Alli Event, Captain America and His English Rose
Pure Blog Love (Th7p)- PicNic
Say G'Day Saturday (F6)- Natasha in Oz, What's On The List?
That's Fresh Friday(biweekly Thurs7)- Prototype Mama
(*New) The Handmade Hangout (Th5)- Too Much Time, From Gardners 2 Bergers, Christina's Adventures, Redoux Interiors, A Glimpse Inside
Weekend Potluck (F6A)- The Better Baker, The Country Cook, 4 Little Fergusons, Sunflower Supper Club, Frugal Family Favorites
Weekend Recipe Link Up (F afternoon? before 4)- Gator Mommy Reviews
Weekend re-Treat (Th6p)- The Best Blog Recipes
Weekend Social (Th8)- Kitchen Dreaming , The McCallum's Shamrock Patch
What To Do Weekends (Th9:00)- Crafts a la Mode