Custom Search

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Keep a Song In Your Heart



The LORD is my strength and shield. I trust him with all my heart. He helps me, and my heart is filled with joy. I burst out in songs of thanksgiving." Psalm 28:7

I believe that I knew stress way to early. The stress in every day life as a child was very much alive as I had a mother that was not always emotionally there with us. She spent days at a time in bed suffering from issues from stress related issues. As one of the oldest of 6 children I was to entertain and care for my siblings. This meant that I was to care for them as my mother would have had she been up to it which most of the time she was not. I can share stories upon stories of being that 8 year old packing around my younger 2 siblings taking them up town to get lunch, down to the neighbors to spend some time where ever I went they did to. This continued as I grew up and even after I was married.

At the young age of sixteen I was a mother of my own child and soon the house would be full having six babies by the age of 22. Through the years I would help raise many kids, help keep many teens off the streets and busy and most importantly out of trouble. I have had a partner through all of this the young 19 year old man that began that journey with me many years ago.

Now you all may be asking me why I share this story with you and the truth is because I wanted to share with you all who I am. The second reason and the reason I chose this verse to go with this post is because I do believe that without the good Lord up above I would not have made it on my journey. I know for a fact that it was others praying me through our path and the road we traveled. I learned many years ago that one way to make my day better and keep my heart happier was to keep a song in my heart and coming out my mouth. It seems to me that if you are humming a happy song it does not take long for a smile to come to your heart and for others to be happy as well.

shared at
thoughtful thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post