Custom Search

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Happy 4th of July : (man named search)


When I was a little girl I loved the fact that we celebrated the 4th of July where I lived in big style. There was a 3 to 4 day celebration and a large parade that hosted anything from the highschool football team to the statue of liberty. In this parade though the ones that I admired most and still do are the veterans. Men who were young and old alike either marching down the street or riding on the flatbed drove by a truck dressed in their best uniform attire. Impressive is what I believed they were. I can remember a man Mr. Search, he owned the local grocery store and was a veteran. I believe WWI I spent many times at his store with my mom, my grandma, and even shopping by myself when I had enough change. He was always a kind man but he was a man who was proud to be a veteran and proudly flew the American flag in front of his story. He never shared any war stories with us kids just taught us to respect others. We were taught to not be disrespectful and he shared with us a bit about why our veterans and men at war were to be respected. I was born shortly after the vietnam war was officially called over but there were so many that did not return home or were injured from our are. The park across the street from Mr. Searches shop was named after one of these fallen heros. Today I recall Mr. Search and his wife as well and thank him for teaching a little girl all about American pride and to respect the heros that fought for our freedom.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post