Custom Search

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Don't Throw Those Grounds Out

I jokingly often called my husbands grandmother the witch doctor. She had so many remedies and ways to take care of the earth. I grew up in a family that never really recycled always resold but never recycled so I was not used to all the ways of my hubbies family. Recently while reading an email from folgers I read about their tips for recycling coffee grounds and I thought I would share them with you

Use coffee grounds as plant food. Dilute your leftover coffee grounds to make your very own homemade plant food. To make, mix one part leftover coffee grounds with four parts cool water, and water your plants once every other week.
Touch up furniture and other wood scratches with grounds and a cotton swab. It’s an easy, inexpensive way to restore your furnishings.
Throw coffee grounds on ashes before cleaning out the fireplace to reduce the spread of dust. \
Use coffee grounds to dye clothing or paper.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post