Custom Search

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Quick Meal Please teens and Mom

There are times that my teens present me with a dilema. They are hungry and want food now. I also have been working a lot and that becomes a problem as well. I want to serve them something they really like but I also want to make something super quick. The chicken Quesidilla recipe does the job


2 tbs. oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
1 small minced garlic clove
1/4 cup chopped bell peppers
2 minced chili peppers (to taste)
3 chopped plum tomatoes
Oil for frying
8 flour tortillas
2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken
Salsa
Sour cream
In a medium heavy skillet sauté the onions, garlic, and peppers in the 2 Tbsp. oil until soft. Add the chili peppers and tomatoes and simmer for a few minutes more. Add the chicken and stir well to combine. Heat a thin layer of oil in a heavy medium sized pan over medium low heat. Place a tortilla in the pan and sprinkle with 1/4 cup cheese. Add about 1/4 of the chicken mixture and top with another 1/4 cup cheese. Cover with another tortilla and cook for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown. Flip the quesadilla over and cook for an additional two minutes. Remove from the heat and cut into wedges.
Keep warm while frying the remaining quesadillas. Serve with salsa and sour cream.


2 comments:

  1. This would actually be really good to take with me on my trips! Yum!

    Kailani

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious and easy to make! Thanks for sharing at Inspire Me Monday - look forward to seeing this week's shares!

    Ramona
    http://create-with-joy.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post