Custom Search

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Walnut and MinceMeat Pie


This recipe to me is one that brings the home town christmas of my childhood and folds in with a new flavor. One pie that seemed to make it at the table when I was a child that is not seen as much now days was a mincemeat pie. I love this recipe that adds the delicious nutty flavor with the mincemeat flavor of yesterday.



Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 cup prepared mincemeat
1/2 cup chopped walnuts

Line a 9-in. pie plate with pastry; flute edges. Line pastry shell with a double thickness of heavy-duty foil. Bake at 450° for 5 minutes. Remove foil; bake 5 minutes longer. Cool on a wire rack. Reduce heat to 350°. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, butter, mincemeat and walnuts until blended. Pour into crust. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 6-8 servings.

Recipe Source: Taste of Home

shared at


Around My Family TableKatie's Nesting Spot

catch a glimpse Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post