here is a great green apple recipe borrowed from fellow blogger 1actressinoregan
Fresh Green Apple Turnover Cookies”*
Ingredients: 1 and 1/3 cups of ricotta cheese, 1/3 cup of confectioners’ sugar, 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 1 cup of whole wheat flour, 2 large eggs, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of fresh lemon juice, ¼ tsp of salt, zest of one lemon plus a tsp of zest, 1-2 tbs of non-fat milk, 1/3 cup of Splenda, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, 1/3 cup of sugar, ¼ tsp of vanilla extract, 1 tbs plus 1/3 cup of margarine, 3 medium Granny Smith apples peeled cored and cubed, and 3 tbs of golden raisins.
1) Mix the cheese, the flours, baking powder, salt, vegetable oil, milk, 1/6 cup of sugar, 1/6 cup of Splenda, 1 egg, 1 tsp of lemon zest grated, vanilla extract, and 1/3 cup of margarine in a large mixing bowl.
2) Plump the raisins in hot water for 10 minutes. Drain well and pat dry with paper towels.
3) Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Set out a couple of greased cookie sheets.
4) Mix the apples, remaining margarine, remaining sugar, remaining Splenda, remaining lemon zest, and the juice in a large saucepan over low heat. Once it starts getting bubbly, simmer for about 5 minutes or until the apples begin to soften. Stir in the raisins and let them cool completely. Discard the lemon zest.
5) Roll the dough out to ¼ inch thick. Use a round 3 inch cookie cutter to stamp out circles. Spread with a tsp of the apple filling leaving a ½ inch border around the edge. Brush the border with the beaten egg and fold over pressing firmly. Brush the tops with the remaining egg. Arrange on a cookies sheet. Bake for about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the sheet for 2 minutes and then transfer to wire racks to cool. Dust with the confectioners’ sugar.
6) Enjoy these delicious cookies with all the wonderful sweetness of life.
4. I love green grapes and they never last long around our house
5. Although it looks pretty ugly and wierd on the outside it is sweet and good tasting on the inside. It is sort of like people you must first meet them and find out what is on the inside of them the outside apperance is not always correct
6. I love pickles my favorite kind are bread and butter pickles from a local amish settlement
for more small talk six visit momdot.com here