Custom Search

Friday, December 5, 2008

Cookie exchange Mexican Wedding cakes

As a 16 year old mom. I needed christmas recipes that were not only cheap to make but easy. This is one of my favorite cookies to make since that time. My mothr in law ofcourse thought they were a bit dry but I loved them and so do the kids.

Mexican Wedding Cakes

1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
2 cups all-pupose flour
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 teaspoon saltpowdered sugar

Pre-heat oven to 325 F. In a large bowl combine 1/2 cup powdered sugar, butter and vanilla. Blend well. Stir in flour, nuts and salt until dough holds together. Shape into 1-inch balls. Place inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 15-20 minutes until set but not brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheets. Cool slightly and roll in powdered sugar. Cool completely and reroll in powdered sugar.

Over at http://www.yourhomebasedmom.com/a-holiday-cookie-exchange-and-giveaway/
there are tons of christmas cookies to try out. Looks like lots of fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post