Custom Search

Monday, February 26, 2024

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Legs

 



These chicken drumsticks will please the crowd and they are easy to make as well. The first thing you do is to season your chicken drumsticks use any seasoning you would like but I normally sprinkle on some salt, pepper, garlic powder. Marinade can be used as well if you would like. 


Wrap each leg in a piece of bacon. Take your time this can be done. It may be slippery but when you finally have it be sure to secure the ends of bacon under the leg to secure them in place. When leg is wrapped then go ahead and wrap in plastic wrap.

Place the wrapped legs in a baking dish. Pour 1/2 cup of water into dish and cover with foil. Bake in 250 oven for 50 minutes. Take out of oven but do not unwrap for the next 30 minutes. 



Unwrap the chicken, heat cast iron grill pan over medium heat. Brush a bit of canola oil on the chicken legs. When the pan is heated add the drumsticks and cook each side (4) for 3 minutes each. Lower heat and cook a bit more til done



Well we are getting there but not there yet. We have one final step to complete and that is to make a glaze for the chicken. 



Mix juice of 1/2 lemon, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, pinch of crushed red pepper flakes to make this delicious glaze. Use a brush and brush the glaze on the chicken and cook til they hit perfection


please consider sharing on twitter, facebook, pinterest


shared at these facebook groups and blog parties

inspire me tuesday 

facebook - blog comments

lou lou girls fabolous party

grandmas house we go

facebook - awesome bloggers ct

12 comments:

  1. I am drooling right now! Everything is better with bacon, and I LOVE the sweet, citrusy, hot glaze. Delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes very tasty try them some time. Thanks for stopping by

      Delete
  2. Wow, my mouth is watering. Looks so good! I'm wondering if these could be cooked in the air fryer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never tried it that way but I would say yes

      Delete
  3. I'm getting hungry just looking at these! I love the BBQ-type glaze on these, and bacon just makes everything better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those bacon-wrapped chicken legs on Shop Annie's blog look absolutely mouthwatering! The combination of crispy bacon and tender chicken is always a crowd-pleaser. Plus, the recipe seems simple enough to follow, making it perfect for a delicious weeknight dinner or a weekend barbecue with friends and family. Thanks for sharing this tasty recipe inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look delicious. I'll add them to my recipe book.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay so I couldn't wait to try these out for dinner tonight and man I was not disappointed! This recipe is sooo good! So easy to make and my family loved it! Cant wait to make these again!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I prefer chicken wings to legs. Do you think it will work, too especially not the wing tip part?

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun idea for chicken! My husband would love these I'm sure. Sounds like a neat appetizer to make for the family or a get together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tasty, never through of something like this before but seeing your post and pictures, would love to check it out, Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like bacon and i like Chicken, however, i have never had the two of them together. I am interested to try this out.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post