Custom Search

Friday, May 10, 2019

Mental Health Awareness Month

May is National Mental Health Awareness Month. Mental health should be considered as important as physical health. While we often worry about what we eat and getting enough exercise we often neglect the health of important health information behind our ears.

Surprisingly to many mental health conditions are common and treatable. Anxiety is a major issue that causes disorder in 18% of adults in the United States Treatment for mental health conditions range from medication to psychotherapy.



Information for Mental Health First Aid training can be found here


 My connection:
My family has been afflicted with mental illness for many years. My mother has suffered from anxiety and depression since here 20s. My little sister was diagnosed with Schizophrenia in her late teens / early 20's. Many other members suffer with depression / anxiety. While I have suffered from time to time with anxiety I have learned many coping mechanisms to help Through the years I have worked with mental health for over 25+ years with 11 years being in a behavioral ward. Many of these individuals had many conflicts with their mental health but all of them needed love.

retweet post here

shared at these blog hops
mix it up monday
grandmas link party 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post