Custom Search

Friday, September 21, 2018

When The Weather Gets Cool Invite Them In



IF you are like me then you have a love for gardening. I take it  honest as both my mother and my grand-mother  have gardened for many years I can recall each winter the front porches that were built in were filled in with plants of all types. The reason, to keep them alive to enjoy next spring and summer.



The days become shorter and have less sun than in other seasons. Rooms may have less light in the winter months than in the summer. Different plants require less or more light depending on there own likes. Taking note of how much light is available and what spots may have less or more will help you to give the most to your plants

My house is older and the heating system does not seem equal in all rooms. Some rooms get rather hot and others a bit cold. Some plants require more heat than others and should be kept in the warmer spots.



Many plants during the non growing season will require less water. Plants will require most water during the growing season. Plants should be watered during the warm part of the day

I hope these tips help you to ensure your plants make it through the colder months and are ready to greet the warm months.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post