Custom Search

Sunday, April 3, 2016

What's for Breakfast

There are many choices of what one can have for breakfast 
You may choose what you want. I have even known myself and others to eat cold pizza for breakfast


An English breakfast is much more filling due to its many levels. The meal usually includes bacon, sausages, eggs and a variety of other cooked foods. It is normally served with coffee or tea. The breakfast is especially popular in the UK and Ireland Many cafes in those areas offers the meal at any time of the day.

This full English Breakfast is often referred to full English or 'fry up' The breakfast may be known by the area that it is served in as well ("Full Scotish", "Full Welsh" or "Full Irish") The breakfast is one of the most internationally recognized British dishes. It became popular in the British Isles during the Victorian Era. Many hotels in and around England pairs the choice of the full breakfast with the choice of a lighter alternative of a Continental breakfast consisting of milk, tea or coffee and juices served with bread, croissants or pastries.



Foods included in this full breakfast include but are not limited too:


Examples of Full English Style Breakfast that are served around the world are

CORNWALL::::::
hogs pudding and cornish potato cakes (made with mashed potatoes mixed with flour and butter and then fried) or fried potatoes with a side of bacon, sausage, tomato, mushrooms, egg and toast Pilchards and herring may also be included. 


Traditional English::::
Back bacon, fried, poached or scrambled eggs, fried or grilled tomatoes, fried mushrooms, fried bread or toast with butter, sausage and baked beans. Black pudding and hash browns complete the breakfast
Serve it all up with a mug of tea or a cup of coffee This breakfast is primarily fried and known as a "fry-up" 

Ireland:::::
Personal taste and cultural affiliation helps determine the Irish Breakfast. Bacon, pork sausages, fried eggs, white pudding, black pudding, toast and fried tomato are traditionally served in this breakfast. Sauteed field mushroom, baked beans, has browns, liver, and brown soda bread may all be part of this breakfast. An alternative that has been created is known as the breakfast roll and consist of elements that would be in the full breakfast but served in a french roll. This choice was created due to it being easier to eat on the go. 

Scotland:::::
Eggs, back bacon, link sausage, buttered toast , baked beans, and tea or coffee all help make up a full breakfast in Scotland. Some properties that may only be found in Scotland breakfast are the Scottish black pudding, Lorne Sausage, and tattle scones. Fried or grilled tomato as well as mushrooms and haggis, white pudding , fruit pudding or oatcakes may also complete this breakfast. A Scottish Breakfast has become to be known as "a substantial breakfast" 

Wales:::::
Wales often serves up a Welsh breakfast reflects coastal Welsh food such as thick bacon, welsh sausage, mushrooms and eggs. Welsh tea is often served on the side. Smoked fish and poached eggs are also commonly included in the meal.

Full Breakfast in America and Canada::::::
Eggs, meat such as bacon, ham, sausage, corn beef hash, or spam, are all found in a full breakfast. Breakfast in the U.S. often includes grits as well. Fried potatoes, hash browns, or home fries help makeup the large breakfast. Meats in the U.S often include bacon, pork link sausage, scrapple, pork roll, steak, or country fried steak and in Canada meats include peameal bacon or cretons. On the side of meat and eggs will be found toast , english muffins, bagels, waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, cinnamon rolls, biscuits, fruit or juice and beverages such as coffee or orange juice. This type of meal may be known as a lumberjack breakfast. 

  1. What do you like eating for breakfast?
  2. Do you like English breakfast?
  3. What do you like drinking with your meal?
  4. Why is the breakfast meal important?


With your breakfast or following why not enjoy a good crossword puzzle. Many that I know will enjoy a good crossword puzzle first thing in the morning. They are the most popular and widespread word game in the world. The first crossword appeared in England during the 19th century. The first created like a word square where letters read alike vertically and horizontally and printed in children's puzzle books and various periodicals. It was in the U.S. where it became an adult past time. 









28 comments:

  1. On school days, we generally do simple things like toast or bagels. On the weekends it's pancakes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh yes we are along the same lines but cereal fits in there nicely as well
      thanks for visiting

      Delete
  2. So interesting. I loved traveling to Europe and finding out the different things that they ate for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a lot of greasy food for breakfast. I like eggs and a whole wheat muffin when I travel

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG thats a lot of food, id be more than happy to eat this everyday hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't mind eating a full spread of English Breakfast everyday so long as I'm not the one preparing it! Lol. That looks so good, just reading the types of food included made me super hungry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Breakfast is the best meal of the day! It's very wise to have it be the largest one too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My favorite English breakfast is Bubble and Squeak! I love to fry up the leftovers from dinner (cabbage, potatoes, etc) into a delicious browned hash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness that is a lot food to start your day off with. I prefer to eat a little lighter, but I swear some mor I go you just wake up starving and want it all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. French toast made with challah bread, depending on my mood there might be chocolate chips sprinkled on it and then melted by the hot syrup.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Filipino breakfast consists of rice, coffee, eggs, and hotdogs or dried fish. It's really, really filling too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't have a full English that often but I do love to have one, my kids favourite breakfast at the minute is jam on toast or Nutella on toast, I tend to just grab something simple and easy inbetween getting the kids ready lol x

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lot of delicious food. I love them all so much!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love breakfast foods but usually don't eat them at the traditional time. I'm more of a breakfast for lunch or dunner kind of girl. I'm just not hungry early.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! All of this sounds and looks amazing. I LOVE breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  15. all i can say is yum. i would love to eat this all the time. however, i would have my mom or aunt make it. lol. i dont do a lot of cooking.

    ReplyDelete
  16. most breakfast food leaves me feeling unwell so if i go for breakfast food its normally pancakes or donuts. however, i am getting better about turning to fruit

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love a good veggie fry up although it does not make my tummy happy. Sometimes you have to ignore it though!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm a Steak and Eggs girl. A nice grilled steak, poached eggs, sauteed mushrooms,grits, toast, and a couple cups of tea. Yum. But that's a vacation breakfast, when I'm going to be super active before lunch. I enjoy feeling like crap all day. lol. My usual breakfast consists of cranberry almond oatmeal, and seasonal fresh fruit.

    ReplyDelete
  19. My boys have pancakes on school days and my husband and I love an egg white omelette

    ReplyDelete
  20. I normally have a bowl of cereal for breakfast. It tastes great to me in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love fruit smoothies for breakfast, I ate English style breakfast when I lived in England but now its not for me.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I don't mind eating a Full English Breakfast sometimes, but my usual breakfast consists of milk, fruit, and cereal! I always drink my cup of coffee in the morning!

    ReplyDelete
  23. My fave breakfast so far is Amish, although I only had that once. But omg was it good!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Breakfast was the important meal of the day. I love fried rice and eggs for my breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ughhh everything looks so yummy!!! Now you have me craving a yummy breakfast

    ReplyDelete
  26. I am more than happy with cereals 9 times out of 10! Breakfast is important as it kick starts your metabolism for day

    ReplyDelete
  27. I will be stepping away from this table apart from the eggs...LOL

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post