As I shared with you before our life is busy and thus we depend on the crockpot quite often to help us prepare delicious meals for our family. This soup is perfect for soup and sandwich night and is packed full of goodness. From veggies to chicken there are great vitamin boosters that offer that extra bit of energy to enjoy those spring activities. It offers a bit of warmth that will be welcomed on those not so warm spring days.
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 16-oz. can black beans
- 1 16-oz. can kidney beans
- 1 8-oz. can tomato sauce (used a 16 oz. can instead)
- 10 oz. package frozen corn kernels (or 2 small cans of corn kernels)
- 2 14.5-oz. cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 Tbsp. cumin
- 1 Tbsp. chili powder (I use a bit more if the tomatoes don’t have chilies)
- 24 oz. (3) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- chili peppers, chopped (optional)
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker.
- Place chicken on top and cover.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro.
- Also, try it with low fat cheese and sour cream