How will you celebrate the new year? Making any new resolutions? What about selecting a word as a goal for the new year? What will the new year bring? I am not sure as of yet but what I do know is that we will be celebrating tonight with so many others. This recipe for 7 layer dip will find itself on the table with a feast of others. What are you doing to celebrate?
7 Layer Mexican Dip Recipe
- 1 - 15 ounce can black beans, drained well
- 1/2 cup salsa, your choice
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup cheddar and/or mozzarella cheese
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 - 15 ounce can pitted black olives, drained and halved
- 1/4 cup red oinion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeno or red chili pepper, seeded and finely chopped, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro
How To Make a Layered Mexican Dip
- Mix black beans, salsa and 2 Tbsp cilantro together in a small bowl. Turn out into a pretty rimmed platter.
- Carefully spread sour cream over the top of the beans using an off-set spatula or rubber spatula, leaving some of the beans showing.
- Layer the avocados, cheese, tomatoes, olives, red onion and optional jalapeno, one on top of each other, leaving a bit of the layer underneath showing. Finally, sprinkle the remaining cilantro over the top.
- Serve with tortilla chips, pita wedges or on top of a salad.
great idea Thursday
rooted in thyme