Custom Search

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Detention Was The Place To Be


It was my sisters senior  year in high school and I all but awaited for my eight grade graduation and the  chance to strut my stuff in high schoo. It was a very exciting time and one made even better by the group of students who arrived for detention that March 24th , 1984. They seemed so real to us but the five fictional characters were actually walking through the doors of Shermer High for detention and would never be forgotten. The Breakfast Club, would have girls drooling over the character of the bad boy played by Judd Nelson. Many of us would crave some morning detention time to get to know the other person beside us.




The place the movie was shot has a story of its own. The movie was filmed in a suburban area school in Des Plaines. The former Maine North High School where the teen movie Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

 It was a movie that I will never forget and those that are or around my age will instantly join the conversation when the subject is The Breakfast Club.

resource
here

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post