Libby’s Pumpkin Roll
1/4 C. powdered sugar
3/4 C. all-purpose flour
1/2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. baking soda
1/2 t. ground cinnamon
1/2 t. ground cloves
1/4 t. salt
1 C. sugar
2/3 C. canned pumpkin
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 C. powdered sugar, sifted
6 T. butter, softened
1 t. vanilla extract
2. In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves.
3. In a large bowl combine eggs and sugar; beat until thickened. Add pumpkin; beat until well mixed.
4. Stir in flour mixture into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, easing it carefully to the corners with a spatula.
5. Bake in preheated 375 degree oven for 13 to 15 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
6. Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert cake onto the prepared towel. Remove pan; carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake in towel while hot, starting with 10-inch side. Cool completely on wire rack (will take at least an hour).
7. When cake is almost completely cooled, make the filling: beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter and vanilla extract in small mixer bowl until smooth.
8. When cake has cooled completely, unroll, spread with the cream cheese filling then re-roll cake. Wrap rolled cake in plastic wrap then refrigerate at least one hour (overnight is best).
9. When ready to serve, unwrap cake and place on a platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar if desired (sift the sugar through a small mesh strainer for a nice presentation). Cut into slices.