Custom Search

Monday, August 8, 2011

Garden Recipe

Recently we have been enjoying garden fresh tomatoes. One of my children told me the other night "Mom there really is a difference in garden tomatoes and those bought at the grocery store" Yes finally they are realizing what I have been telling them. Here is a great garden tomato recipe for Salsa from Real Simple

2 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced


1 small yellow bell pepper, diced

1 Kirby cucumber, diced

1/2 red onion, diced

1 tablespoon red wine vinegar

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil

kosher salt and black pepper

dippers (such as crostini and endive)

In a medium bowl, combine the tomatoes, bell pepper, cucumber, onion, vinegar, oil, and 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the dippers.





Keeping It Simple
Confessions of a Stay At Home Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post