Custom Search

Friday, August 20, 2010

Intimate Moments

If I were to say the word Intimacy what would come to your mind? Many would instantly think about a romantic moment that normally led to pleasure. What if I told you that being intimate means more than that? Have you had an intimate moment with you best friend, spouse, parents, child? Now if your mind is still in the earlier manner you may instantly be clicking out of this post but if I told you that the definition of intimacy was "showing a close union or combination of particles or elements: an intimate mixture." In other words it means a sharing of hearts, and mixing our life with anothers. We all long for the intimate moments in our life. A place to belong a place to feel loved. Many times we miss out on these moments because we look for what we want to see and often overlook other great qualities. The next time you spend time with a friend take the time to see what is really going on in their life. Start by listening and helping if you can. Often wonderful friendships begin this way and lead into a relationship where both are able to share what is on their minds and feelings that may not be shared elsewhere. I know this is a bit out of my league but I simply wanted to share this thought as I believe I have been guilty of missing out on great friendships because I did not spend time looking for what they offered and simply shut down when what I was looking for was not present.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post