Custom Search

Thursday, September 3, 2009

Apple Crock Pot recipe

Just in time for fall here are a few great apple recipes that can easily be cooked in the crockpot.


Chunky Apple Sauce

•10 to 12 large cooking apples, peeled, cored, and cut in chunks
•1/2 cup water
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•3/4 to 1 cup granulated sugar

Preparation:
Combine ingredients in slow cooker. Cover and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours. Serve warm, if desired.


Apple Butter


4 quarts peeled, thin-sliced McIntosh Apples
4 cups granulated white sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
¼ teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon salt

Directions
1.Stir all ingredients in stoneware. Cover; cook on High for 1 hour and then on Low for 7 hours, or until the apple butter is thick and brown. Stir occasionally throughout the day.
2.Apple butter will thicken as it cools. Spoon into sterilized pint jars and seal. If sealed, will keep for 1 year.

For more great crock pot recipes visit the blog Diary of a Stay At Home Mom

4 comments:

  1. These both look great! I always seem to have apples that aren't getting eaten. I will have to try these out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With the cool weather we have had I've been craving apples! Thank you for the recipes. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for posting these recipes! I smiled when I read the recipe for apple butter. I have actually never ever had it, but it was my great grandma's favorite thing and she used to eat it on toast every single morning. I think I'm going to make some in memory of her and give it as gifts to my family for Christmas. In fact, I think I'm going to make a cute little label with a picture of her on it, so everytime we use it, we think of her. Thank you so much! I'm so excited about this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great recipes. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments so if you have a minute leave me your thoughts on the above post